Munter, C., Cobb, P., & Shekell, C. (2016). The role of program theory in evaluation research: A consideration of the What Works Clearinghouse Standards in the case of mathematics education. American Journal of Evaluation, 37, 7-26.
- Lipsey, M. (1993). Theory as method: Small theories of treatments. New directions in program evaluation, 57, 5-38.
- Lipsey, M., & Ｃordray, D. (2000). Evaluation methods for social intervention. Annual Review of Psychology, 51, 345-375.
- Lipsey, M., Crose, S., Dunkle, J., Pollard, J., & Stobart, G. (1985). Evaluation: The state of the art and the sorry state of the science. New Directions for Program Evaluation, 27, 7-28.
- Shadish, W., & Cook, T. (2009). The renaissance of field experimentation in evaluating interventions. Annual Review of Psychology, 60, 607-629.
- Chen, H., & Rossi, P. (1980). The multi-goal, theory-driven approach to evaluation: A model linking basic and applied social science. Social Forces, 59, 106-122.